The Bioinformatics Scientist will be responsible for developing a high-throughput analytical platform, designing clinical studies and the analysis of complex data sets in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. Knowledge of biostatistics, data science, data analysis, data management and clinical research practices is critical. Experience supporting a regulated (CLIA) laboratory, R&D team, publications efforts and a commercial team will be beneficial. This is a contract position that reports to the bioinformatics research lead.
How You Will Help Drive Our Success
Through your experience and expertise, you will:
- Support the development and ongoing operations of a regulated CLIA lab; this includes the analysis of analytical validation data and quality control metrics.
- Develop, execute and report on statistical analysis plans for clinical studies.
- Manage data and the integration of complex data sets; lead the maintenance of inhouse databases/datasets.
- Participate in writing project updates and reports, proposals, scientific articles, and patent applications.
- Maintain current knowledge of research literature and activity in bioinformatics and computational biology and apply state-of-the-art concepts and technologies.
- Develop software to automate data analysis and data mining.
- Be a leader with strong collaboration and partnership skills with inter-disciplinary teams in laboratory, informatics, commercial and QA/QC.
Who You Are
You will bring the following education and experience to our team:
- A Master’s in Science degree in bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, or engineering required. PhD preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial work experience participating within a team-oriented environment required. Experience working in a regulated environment preferred
- Strong programming skills and proficiency with script languages (such as PERL), statistical software (R or Matlab) and database management skills. Advanced computing language programming (C, C++ or Java) are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of statistics required.
- Experience with Excel, data management and data mining on public and private databases required.
- A record of hands-on experience analyzing large-scale genomic, transcriptomic and/or proteomic datasets required.
You will bring the following attributes to our team:
- An ability to embrace the importance of teamwork and be able to operate comfortably in an innovative, start-up environment.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills.
- An ability to work effectively with a variety of people in a diverse workforce.
- Adaptability to changing work requirements (and you are a multi-tasker).
- A high degree of professional integrity.
- An ability to work independently and to work remotely.
Who We Are
AllerGenis' mission is to develop precision diagnostic solutions that can help providers better screen, assess, and manage the well-being of millions of food allergy patients. Specializing in immunology and bioinformatics, we created a highly multiplexed analytical platform to address the limitations of current tests and to provide a better predictor of patient response to future immunotherapy and drug treatments. For more info about AllerGenis, visit www.allergenis.com.
If interested in a great contract position that will make a difference, send your resume and letter of interest by email to email@example.com with “Bioinformatics Scientist” in the subject line.
AllerGenis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
2801 Sterling Drive
Hatfield, PA 19440